Professional costs can often seem like a bottomless pit of unexplained fees. Crucible's product design costs are different. We offer a simple and clear guarantee about our fees and expenses.
1. Our initial briefing process is absolutely free. During the meeting we will define what you need from us and then prepare a detailed design proposal. This will outline the costs of our services as firm quotations. Where the requirements aren’t 100% clear, we will provide cost estimates that will be confirmed as quotations before any relevant work is begun.
2. Once you have approved the overall project plan and costs, we will quote for each stage of work separately and will ask for purchase orders to confirm the details. We will only ever charge for what is set out in the purchase orders. There will never be 'extras' or unexplained fees and costs.
You are only ever committed to each stage at a time, so your costs are closely controlled and your risks minimised. Our projects tend to be divided into several sections, so the cost of each section is rarely more than three to four thousand pounds.
3. We do not charge for travel expenses unless they are either frequent and/or international.
4. If we purchase prototype parts or components on your behalf (usually to save you time) we will charge for these at cost.
5. We will be happy to recommend several suppliers who will be able to manufacture the parts for your product, or possibly also carry out assembly and packaging. We will always recommend that you order tooling and production parts directly from the supplier to simplify your supply chain and minimise your investment.
Want to know more? Visit our Services page or call Mike Ayre on 01235 833785.