We designed the original KL1000 cabinet lock back in 2002 and it has been an incredible success for Codelocks, creating a whole new market in compact digital security products. When they needed an update, Codelocks came back to Crucible and asked us to make the batteries easier to access, upgrade the overall appearance and add a key override mechanism. We were happy to rise to the challenge, and the result is a whole new lease of life for this groundbreaking product.
- Review of original design to establish areas for improvement
- Re-design of our original casing to allow top section to slide off for battery access
- Design of latching mechanism and power contacts for keypad
- Integration of miniature key overide mechanism into the handle shaft
- Creation of all CAD files and production data for Codelocks factory