When Oxford Instruments were developing their new 900MHz research magnet, they realised that they needed some help with access to the top of the device and asked Crucible to suggest some ideas. The result was a five metre high free standing structure around the magnet that enabled access and added considerable value to the six million dollar system.
- review of the technical requirements with Oxford Instruments
- concept design of five alternative layouts for the design
- detail design of the structural components
- modelmaking of the structure to check assembly details
- preparation of a detailed package of drawings for production
- supervision of the the production of GRP and metal structures
"We've used Crucible in the past, so didn't hesitate to bring them on board to design our 900 system configuration. The design they produced was not only highly creative, but it created a unique identity. Indeed, we attribute the success of the system to its design."Martin Townsend, Product Development Manager, Oxford Instruments