The product design brief for the MQC bench top analyser was simple - to create a housing for a new product that would stand out from the usual grey laboratory instruments. The design also had to be suitable for low volume production and finalised in time for a major exhibition. We delivered on all the requirements and were rewarded with a design award at the launch exhibition.
- Initial concept design
- Technical design development using SolidWorks
- Prototyping using laser sintered nylon parts
- Sourcing production suppliers (MRIM body and acrylic base)
- Preparation of production data, including drawings and CAD files
- Liaison with producers to ensure successful delivery
"The smooth, crisp blue finish, compact size and curved sides and design details create a striking visual look that communicates that the instrument is easy to use and technically advanced."Judges comments, IBO Design Awards, 2006