The TorqueStar range for Crane Electronics are new hand-held data loggers used to check torque settings during final product inspections in a wide range of industries, including automotive manufacturers. To prevent damage to the products it is used to inspect, the Torquestar has moulded rubber bumpers built into its body and also has unique rubber fittings to prevent fasteners from coming loose and dropping into mechanisms.
- Development of a new internal chassis with engineers from Crane
- Detailed ergonomic studies to establish methods of use and transport
- Design of integrated rubber components to protect surfaces
- Integration of rubber keyboard features
- Development of rubber seals to seal fasteners in position
- Production of all CAD data for prototyping and production